Trinidad and Tobago has a sound macroeconomic framework and a long tradition of institutional stability. Unlike most of the English-speaking Caribbean, its economy is primarily industrial, and has evolved into a key financial center in the region. Calypso music and steel drum bands feature in carnival celebrations.
Sorrowful Mysteries: Intentions for Trinidad and Tobago
1. That the gracious and hospitable spirit of the people be preserved.
2. That government can overcome the rise in violent crime.
3. That leaders address the problem of water pollution from agricultural chemicals, industrial waste and raw sewage.
4. That the majority of the people will feel the nation’s prosperity.
5. That reforestation efforts will succeed.